Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer’s website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Vista Drivers for it > Download/install them.
Delete files using Disk Cleanup”
The More Options tab is available when you choose to clean files from all users on the computer. This tab includes two additional ways to free even more disk space:
Programs and Features: Uninstall unwanted programs.
System Restore and Shadow Copies: Delete all but the most recent Restore Point.
- Open Malwarebytes > Click on the Update tab across the top> get the latest updates.
- On the Scanner tab, make sure the Perform full scan option is selected, and then click on the scan button to start scanning your computer
- MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear
- You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the Malware removal process.
- You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point, you should click on the Show Results button.
- A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be shown
- You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.
- When MBAM has finished removing the malware, it will open the scan log and display it in Notepad. Review the log as desired, and then close the Notepad window.
- You can now exit the MBAM program.
- Open a Command Window in Administrator mode:
- Click All Programs, then accessories
- right-click on the Command Prompt option,
- on the drop-down menu which appears, click on the Run as Administrator option.
- If you haven’t disabled User Account Control (and you shouldn’t!) you will be asked for authorization. Click the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password.
- Start the System File Checker
- In the Command Prompt window, type:SFC /scan now,
- press Enter.
- You’ll see “the system scan will begin”.
The scan may take some time and windows will repair/replace any corrupt or missing files. You will be asked to insert your Vista DVD if it’s needed.
Close the Command Prompt Window when the job is finished.
One caveat: you need a Windows DVD to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs.